Five (5) Day Public Notice of Program Change
Fisherman’s Wharf Street Performer Program
Port Commission Resolution 08-15 authorizes the Executive Director to remove, relocate (within forty (40) feet), or add designated Locations after posting the intended relocation, removal, or addition for not less than five (5) days. Posted July 22, 2011
Effective August 1, 2011, this site will be relocated approximately 20 feet West on Jefferson Street for the Fisherman’s Wharf Street Performer Program and will be referred to as Location 5. A volume Level 2 is permissible at this site. Volume Level 2 is described as:
‘Volume Level Two’ (“VL2”) is for Performance Locations with a volume level average of 79 dB, not to exceed 84 dB, using no or low sound amplification, but which generates some sound volume that may negatively impact the community if performed in a VL1 site. These are good sites for human statues with quiet background music, variety acts using voice amplification and musical performers.
Location and Volume Level
• Scheduled Performances may take place only in the areas designated on the Street Performer Location Map.
• Each Location is identified by signage and is marked on the pavement.
• Performers must contain their use to the marked area.
• Performances must not restrict pedestrian access or interfere with businesses.
• The Port requires fifty foot (50’) buffer zones to minimize interference with the performance in a designated Location.
• Sidewalks must remain accessible for pedestrians and in compliance with all disability access laws.
• Pedestrians must not be forced into the roadway in order to circumnavigate the Performers or the audience.
• Performers must control their audiences in order to accommodate passers-by.
The message board for this location can be found across the street at Location 5 at the northeast corner of Taylor and Embarcadero. First-come-first-served sign up sheets for Location 5 will be posted weekly on the side of the message board.
For more information about the Fisherman’s Wharf Street Performer Program, please go to www.sfport.com/Real Estate/Street Performers and read the Guidelines and Rules.